Sir Angus Tait, our company founder has always believed that we are here to ‘build lasting benefits for our clients and the communities in which we operate. Supporting events to group and organizations who are dedicated to ensuring safer and more resilient communities is one of the ways in which we could give something back to the community.
Throughout 2016 Tait is proud to support as sponsor the following community initiatives:
AFAC 2016 Brisbane, 30 August – 2 September
- Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council Conference #AFAC16
- Emergency Management Comms workshop on Friday 2 Sep, is free for conference delegates to attend. The workshop is proudly sponsored by Tait
- To register, go to the AFAC Conference site
Melbourne Firefighter Stair Climb, 3 September
This “Climb for the Kids” event is participated by more than 500 firefighters who will climb up 28 floors of Crown Metropol Hotel wearing 25 kg of Turnout Gear and Breathing Apparatus.
To date, 550 firefighters from all over Australian & NZ have registered to compete and so far have raised $161,889.
Proceeds will go towards researching ‘Healthier Kids and a Healthier Future’ at the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
Australasian Council of Women and Policing 2016 Excellence in Policing Awards, 12 September
Another Melbourne event that Tait supports is the ACWAP awards. The awards will be presented on Monday 12 September 2016
The Awards for Excellence in Policing are an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and reward the achievements of women and men who are contributing to improving policing and law enforcement and ensuring policing services are enhanced for women in our communities.
2016 Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games, 8-15 October
Tait is a foundation partner of these biannual games along with the Australia New Zealand Police Games Federation. The event attended by emergency service workers and their families, will be held in Queensland hosted by the Queensland Police Service.
Australasian Rescue Challenge
Tait supported the Australasian Road Rescue Championships held last month through the provision of communications equipment for the event staff.
17 teams (117 rescuers) representing three countries, competed over the three challenge days across the three rescue events: Time Critical, Controlled and Entrapped scenarios
Congratulations to the winners and all competitors:
- Overall winners – NZFS Geraldine
- Runners Up – QFES Cairns
- 3rd Overall – QFES Brisbane
- Best Technical Team – QFES Cairns
- Best Team Leader – NZFS Geraldine
- Best Medical Team – QFES Brisbane
- SES Directors Shield – NSW SES Hawkesbury
- Winner Entrapped Pit – QFES Cairns
- Winner Controlled Pit – QFES Brisbane
- Winner Time Critical Pit – QFES Cairns
- Winner Trauma Challenge – BHP Billiton
- Spirit of the Challenge – Hong Kong Fire Services
To get updates as our posts get published, subscribe via email below: