Better voice quality, better functionality and security as well as channel efficiency were the original requests that led to DMR being ratified in 2005. There are many other benefits that DMR offers to users, technicians and managers.
As well as being an open standard technology, DMR is also capable of transmitting voice, but the end-to-end digital nature of DMR enables data application such as text messaging, GPS and SCADA. Along with 7 other benefits that the lesson Benefits of DMR identifies, it is apparent why the standard is so popular.
If you would like to learn the other benefits of DMR watch the video below and read the accompanying Benefits of DMR lesson. You can also take the full Introduction to DMR course on the Tait Radio Academy.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content