Developed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) was the solution to calls for better voice quality, functionality, security and channel efficiency. Since then it has become one of the most popular standards in critical communications.
If you aren’t familiar with this standard there are some differences between DMR and other standards such as P25 and NXDN. The lesson DMR Standard: What is DMR? will give you a comprehensive and easy-to-understand introduction into what DMR is, what Tiers the standard works on and how DMR utilizes TDMA technology.
If you would like to learn more about the DMR standard watch the video below and read the accompanying What is DMR? lesson. You can also take the full Introduction to DMR course on the Tait Radio Academy.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content