This post looks at the fundamental differences between trunked and conventional radio networks.
What are the top level differences between Trunked and Conventional?
In a trunked system:
- The channels are assigned to the user automatically by the system
- The call set up time is several hundred milliseconds
- One channel per site must be used as a control channel.
In an analog conventional system:
- The user manually selects the channels
- The call set up time is almost instantaneous
- No control channels are needed, so all channels are available to the user
Analog FM can be... Continue Reading