The Tait TP3 is a flexible and customizable portable radio that offers great value for small businesses. Jensen Steel Fabricators in New Zealand use a fleet of TP3s for yard communications, and have seen great benefits since they were introduced. Continue Reading
We have someone that we’re excited to introduce to you. This colorful little portable radio is full of personality, so we’ll let it speak for itself. Continue Reading
As the 2018 year comes to a close, we look back on some of the highlights for Tait and the critical communications industry. Ranging from monumental contracts, product releases, insights, and green innovations, 2018 has been busy and exciting across the board. We would like to share these moments with you, and revisit some of your favorite stories from this year.
Tait has long been regarded as a trusted supplier of DMR Tier 3 networks and solutions. We were among the first to take Tier 3 solutions to market, and we are still... Continue Reading
Madison County Fire had issues with redundancy and coverage. Since they provide fire protection to the entire county and also manage first responder calls for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and other organizations, their network had to be reliable. A solution has to be found.
Madison County Fire provides protection to the Tennessee county that covers 540 square miles. Part of their responsibility also included managing the first responder calls for EMS and other organizations. In the last year, they ran about 1200 calls and... Continue Reading
- dPMR is an ETSI standardised minimal cost digital radio solution.
- dPMR standards (TS102 490 and TS102 658) were published in 2007 – after DMR. There are 2 tiers specified – Tier 2, modes 2 & 3 are relevant to professional users.
- dPMR operates in 6.25kHz channels. Tier2, Mode2 is conventional; Tier2, Mode3 is trunked.
- NXDN is based on dPMR but is incompatible with it. NexEdge is also derived from dPMR.
What is DMR ?
- DMR is an ETSI standardized low cost, low complexity, professional digital radio solution designed to migrate analog FM radio users to... Continue Reading