Many know of the conventional system where there are dedicated channels allocated to specific users or a group of users. However, trunking has become increasingly important as it offers huge advantages over conventional for larger agencies.
The lesson Communication Systems: How does Trunking Work? describes in both conventional and trunked systems and how they work.
If you would like to learn more about Communication Systems including trunked systems, watch the video below and read the accompanying How does Trunking work? lesson. You can also take the full Basic Radio Awareness course on the Tait Radio Academy.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content