P25, DMR, Tetra, MPT– there are many types of radio technologies that support radio operation. Many of these technologies are suited more to a particular industry and work in their own specific bands.
The Communication Systems: Different types of Radio lesson covers each technology, including Conventional FM and NXDN, explaining each one including the industries they are commonly used in, their specific bands and their channel spacing, among other pieces of useful information.
To learn more about radio technologies watch the video below and read the accompanying Different types of Radio lesson. You can also take the full Basic Radio Awareness course on the Tait Radio Academy.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content