Line of sight communication, or simplex communication, usually means that communication between two users is sent and received as long as they are in a straight, unobstructed line. What happens if there is an obstruction between the two users?
Communication issues such as this one are easily solved with the presence of a repeater. If you are unaware of how repeaters work, take the short Introduction to Radio Communication Principles: How do repeaters work? lesson. The 2-minute video explains what repeaters are and how they are used.
You can also access other basics of communication information which are available on the Tait Radio Academy. Information is free to access at any time, as registration is not compulsory.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content
- Ask and answer questions in the forums.